The Delirium of Negation

  • Greek Title Το Παραλήρημα της Άρνησης
  • Original Title The Delirium of Negation
  • Year: 2020
  • Genre:
  • Duration: 6'
  • Director: Λάουρα Κόντη | Laura Konti
  • Color: Color
  • Audio: Sound
  • Format: Μη διαθέσιμη πληροφορία

Mademoiselle X
Is condemned to eternal damnation
The mirror was lying, she was not there
The all for herself was not there
The all of her I was missing
The I of herself doesn’t have a name
The I of herself doesn’t have a gender
The I of herself is in virtual superposition
The I of herself be the eye of the self

Inspired by Cotard’s syndrome: Denial of Self existence is present in 45% of the cases. The other 55% presented with the delusion of immortality. Mademoiselle X is a distinct persona in Cotard’s writings. The above poem is inspired by her. The project is a documented physical theatre performance and deals with the state of Suspension: being and not being, here/there/in/out. Voice over is extracted from the texts of Jules Cotard: A study on Neurological Disorders (Originally found in Unsorcery: Dead Thinking, Alina Popa, 2018)


Watch the film online



Member of